We are sure you believe in a ‘good hair day’, don’t you? Like there are some days, when your hair feels and looks so nice that you cannot stop garnering compliments from your loved ones and sometimes-even strangers! How good is that feeling? Again, there are days when your hair just seems unmanageable and it does everything it can to break your image. We mean, no matter what you wear, your hair just spoils your overall look! It is relatable, isn’t it?
Imagine being bald! Oh my God! You understand the pain of people who have no hair or less hair right? Having no hair proves to be a nightmare for everyone! It is scary. Ever noticed how even young people with no hair look twice their age? So unfair, you wonder! Well, though sometimes hair fall is genetic, most of the times it is also because you don’t care for your locks enough.
HAIRFLUENCE – Hair Growth Formula For Longer, Stronger, Healthier Hair – Scientifically Formulated with Biotin, Keratin, Bamboo & More! – For All Hair Types – Veggie Capsules
Hair Growth Essence, LuckyFine Herbal Hair Growth Liquid Help Hair Growing Fast Longer – Strengthens Hair Roots – Hair Loss & Hair Thinning Treatment – Hair Treatment Product – 20ml
Fast Hair Growth Formula. Advanced Anti Hair Loss. New & Powerful Formula to Promote Longer, Stronger Hair. NON GMO.120 Capsules. Plus a Free Rich Hair Growth Serum. Made in USA
Hair Growth Shampoo – Stimulates Hair Fast & Promotes in 2 Weeks – Prevents Hair Loss & Hair Breakage – Intense Formula with Hydrolyzed Lupine Protein For Increase Hair Long – Daily Use Men and Woman
Skymore 30ml Fast Hair Growth Serum, Anti-hair Loss, Hair Thinning Treatment , 100% Pure & Natural , Nourishing & Moisturizing, All Hair Types
Want Longer Hair? Want Stronger Hair? Grow Hair Fast! Buy Long ‘N Strong Treatment Lotion – Longer, Thicker Hair! – Split End Repair – Split end treatment 240 ML
Let us look at some of the causes of hair fall first.
- Pregnancy: Giving birth to your baby can be one of the most traumatic experiences ever, and studies show that women lose a lot of hair post pregnancy. This is temporary though, so you can relax.
- Emotional Stress: Losing a loved one, caring for your aged parents, going through a divorce and other such causes can cause immense emotional stress that can lead to hair fall.
- Physical Stress: Physical stress due to some major injury, surgeries or illness can lead to hair fall. This is because your hair cycle phase receives a sudden shock! Don’t worry, once your body recovers, your hair fall will be controlled automatically.
- Nutritional deficiency: When your body fails to absorb the necessary amount of nutrient required, especially a lack of protein, or Vitamin B in your diet, it can lead to hair fall.
- Male pattern baldness: The combination of male sex hormones and genes cause hair fall that recedes the hair on your temples and gives you a hairline that resembles an M shape!
- Sudden weight loss: Losing your extra kilos dramatically in a short period also brings your body under shock! This can lead to hair fall, which will normalise in about 6 months!
- Medication: Certain medicines like anti-depressants, blood thinners, lithium, or methotrexate and a few other drugs can lead to hair loss. Anabolic steroids may also lead to hair fall.
- Overheating hair: In order to look more presentable, you may use a lot of hairstyling products or hair-stylers/straighteners on a daily basis. This can damage your hair extremely, especially the roots, and may cause it to fall out. Tight braids, regular hot-oil treatments and other such harsh things can lead to hair loss.
- Aging: As you hit your 50s, you may start experiencing acute hair fall or thinning of hair. Make sure you start looking after your hair at a much earlier stage so that you can don lustrous locks even as you age!
Is it possible to grow your hair?
Even as you lose hair at a rapid pace, it is also possible to grow back your prized locks too. While there are a thousand cosmetic treatments that can promise to burn a hole in your pockets and give you back your hair, we totally recommend you to go natural! This will not only save cost, but these are tried-and -tested grandma’s tricks! Can our grannies go wrong? Of course NOT!
Here in this article we will tell you about some natural hair treatments and ingredients easily available, which can help you to grow your hair faster! Sounds exciting to you? Let us start!
Okay but first let us see, how we can naturally care for our hair that can ensure we have healthy and strong locks to show off! Here are some tips.
- It is very important to keep your scalp clean if you want to ensure you have a healthy scalp. Dandruff and itchiness occurs in your scalp when foreign particles like dust and pollutants accumulate in your scalp. This in turn leads to hair fall. Ensure you shampoo as and when required to keep your scalp dirt-free!
- No hot water: Hot water showers are pleasant for the body but never for the hair. The scorching hot water can strip your hair of natural oils and can lead to frizzy and brittle hair. Wash your hair with normal temperature water, if you do not want all your hair to fall off one day!
- Conditioning is important: After shampooing your hair, many of you may skip the conditioner. Don’t! Conditioning the hair is important as it kind of moisturises your hair and keeps it hydrated for long hours. It also gives your hair a natural shine.
- No regular head bath: We recommend you to wash your hair very 2-3 days depending on how fast it gets dirty. This keeps the natural hair oils in balance. Washing your hair every day can strip it of its natural lustre too!
- Look before you leap: You may love to swim and jump into the pool every other day to beat the heat. Now remember the pool water contains harsh chemicals that can damage your hair. Never forget to wear a swimming cap or apply a little conditioner to your hair before you take the leap!
- Nothing tight: In order to prevent hair breakage, make sure you do not tie tight braids or ponies, or use tight rubber bands to hold your hair.
- You need the trimming: Unbelievably scissors will only prove to be your best friend when it comes to maintaining healthy hair. Regular trimming is important to prevent split ends and help you have healthy tips instead.
- Follow the right brushing technique: Too much brushing of hair can cause physical damage to your precious strands. You should avoid combs that have plastic bristles as it can lead to breakage due to static electricity. Also, while brushing, start with the ends and detangle them first. Work up your way on top eventually. This makes sure your natural hair oils spread evenly throughout your hair.
- No combing the wet hair: Many of you think brushing your wet hair will keep your hair set for hours and will make it more manageable later. Well guys, there is where you go wrong! Did you know when your hair is wet; it is weaker by three times and can lead to breakage easily.Ensure that you first dry your hair with a towel, and then use a wide-toothed comb to detangle your locks.
- Say no to hair dryers: Unless it is an urgency (which should not be the case every day), you should not use hair dryers to dry your hair. Dryers make the hair more brittle due to lack of moisture. Let your hair dry naturally instead.
- No cotton: While cotton clothes can be great to wear, when it comes to pillows you should choose satin or silk pillow covers. This does not cause friction as it is soft to sleep on which finally ensures you do not have hair breakage.
- Follow a good diet plan: Include raw fruits and vegetables in your diet without fail to not only maintain a healthy body, but to have stronger hair too. Also, ensure you have adequate amount of water every day.
Now finally, let us look at the natural remedies, which will ensure your hair grows quickly and in a healthy manner.
- Biotin and oil mix: A water soluble B-vitamin found in green leafy veggies, biotin supplements can help your hair to grow faster. All you have to do is crush about two to three biotin tablets and mix it with either olive or coconut oil. Now use the solution to massage your scalp gently and leave it overnight. Wash your hair the following morning with a normal shampoo.The ingredients above make sure they activate your hair follicles, which in turn promotes healthy hair growth. You can apply this pack twice in a week.
- Try these oils to promote hair growth: Vitamin E oil, coconut oil, flaxseed oil, argan oil, rosemary oil, sage oil, jojoba oil, lavender oil, olive oil, almond oil, and castor oil work like magic on your hair! They have emollient properties that not only keep your hair moisturised and prevent dryness, but they promote healthy growth of hair as well. Oiling your hair at least twice in a week will make sure you have lustrous and strong hair without a second thought!
- An Aloe treatment: Aloe Vera is best known for its skincare and haircare benefits. Talking about your hair, Aloe Vera helps to balance the pH level of your scalp and hair by sinking deep into your scalp, thereby accelerating hair growth.All you have to do is extract the pulp from an Aloe leaf or stalk, and rub it into your scalp and hair. Ensure that your scalp is clean before you do this! Give your scalp a light massage with your fingertips and leave it for a good 15mins. Rinse it off with cold water. Ideally, you can do this thrice a week after you have shampooed your hair in the morning.
- The Greek Yogurt, honey and lemon formula: Yogurt helps to condition your hair naturally and leaves it feeling smooth and soft. It is loaded with vitamin B5 and proteins and probiotics, which makes it excellent for hair growth. Lemon helps to cleanse your scalp keeping dandruff at bay, while honey acts as a shield against hair damage owing to its antibacterial properties.All you have to do is take a bowl and add two tbsps. of Greek yogurt and mix it with one tbsp. of honey and lemon juice, and make a paste out of it. Apply it on the scalp, roots and hair and leave it for half an hour. Then rinse your hair with cold water. Use this pack twice if you have brittle/dry hair, or else just once a week.
- Onion juice at your rescue: Scalp infections caused by bacteria can be the reason behind hair fall. Onions have antibacterial properties, which keep these problems away. It is loaded with sulphur that helps to increase blood circulation in the scalp thus activating hair follicles. This in turn promotes hair growth.All you’ve got to do is to extract the juice out of onions, add a tbsp. of honey and rose water (to remove odour) to it, and massage it on your scalp and hair. Leave it on for about an hour and then wash off with cold water. Do this once in a week!
- Nothing like eggs: Keratin protein makes up your hair and eggs are loaded with protein, in case you didn’t know. When it comes to hair growth, eggs are the most dependable solution! Take two eggs and whisk it together in a bowl after adding some olive oil to it. Apply it on your scalp and leave in on for about 20mins. Wash your hair with cold water, and then shampoo as usual. You can also prepare a hair mask by blending one egg, a quarter cup of mayonnaise and yogurt each, and apply the mixture on your hair evenly and leave it for 30mins. Then wash off with shampoo.
- Miraculous garlic: Popular for its powerful flavour and health advantages, garlic also promotes fast hair growth and combats hair loss like no other! It is rich in allicin and selenium that makes your hair strong and healthy. It helps to battle scalp fungus as well. Garlic improves blood circulation in the scalp that promotes new growth of hair.You simply have to boil olive oil with around 10 cloves of garlic (crushed), and apply this on your scalp and hair roots. Do this at least thrice in a week and you will see the difference in no time!
- The green tea rinse: Green tea helps to activate the hair follicles and accelerates production of hair. It aids in increasing the metabolism in your body, which in turn also helps in hair growth.All you have to do is rinse 2-3 green tea bags in hot water, and then let the water cool down. Put the tea bags outside, and use the water to massage your scalp and hair. You can treat this water as a conditioner. Do it twice a week for best results.