Popularly called Vitamin H, Biotin is a B Complex Vitamin that takes active part in the synthesis of glucose and fatty acids. It helps to convert the food that you eat into energy and plays an important role in keeping your skin, hair, nails, and eyes healthy. Biotin is water soluble in nature, which means your body does not store it, and small amounts of biotin are found in a number of food items like nuts and eggs.
Biotin is great for your hair and skin and it is known for the various advantages that it has for them. This is one reason why biotin is added to a number of supplements related to hair growth. If your hair is thinning or you are losing hair at a rapid pace, one reason behind it could be a deficiency of biotin in your diet.
HAIRFLUENCE – Hair Growth Formula For Longer, Stronger, Healthier Hair – Scientifically Formulated with Biotin, Keratin, Bamboo & More! – For All Hair Types – Veggie Capsules
Biotin (High Potency) 5000mcg Per Veggie Softgel; Enhanced with Coconut Oil for better absorption; Supports Hair Growth, Glowing Skin and Strong Nails; 120 Mini-Veggie Softgels; Made In USA.
Biotin Shampoo for Hair Growth B-Complex Formula for Hair Loss Removes DHT for Thicker Fuller Hair Anti Dandruff Formula with Zinc Tea Tree Oil Extract Jojoba Oil Argan Oil For Women and Men 8 oz
Natrol Biotin Maximum Strength Tablets, 10,000mcg , 100 Count (pack of 2) ( Pack May Vary )
High Potency Biotin (10,000mcg) with Organic Coconut Oil; Supports Hair Growth, Glowing Skin and Strong Nails; 120 Mini-Veggie Softgels
MAX ABSORPTION Biotin Liquid Drops, 5000mcg of Biotin Per Serving, 60 serving, No Artificial Preservatives, Vegan Friendly, Supports Healthy Hair Growth, Strong Nails and Glowing Skin, Made in USA
BeRadiant – Premium Hair Skin & Nails Vitamins – Biotin For Hair Growth & Stronger Nails – Collagen, Antioxidants & Powerful Herbs For Healthy Skin – DHT Blocker Helps Stop Hair Loss – All Hair Types
Some hair benefits of biotin are:
- It prevents your hair from developing split ends, being brittle or look dull, and avoids premature hair breakage. Pregnant women may experience hair loss post-delivery, and this vitamin H helps to control this kind of hair loss as well;
- Biotin along with topical clobetasol propionate and zinc helps to fight hair disorders like Alopecia that can lead to partial or complete loss of hair;
- Biotin ensures your scalp is free of dry skin flakes, which in turn keeps your hair follicles strong and promotes healthy growth of your beautiful locks. Shampoos that have biotin (also called ‘pro-vitamin shampoos’) actively help to make your hair fuller and thicker!
Nothing in excess is good, as you know. There is a limit for consuming biotin as well. Let us see how much is considered healthy!
Your doctor knows what amount of biotin is perfect for you, and therefore you must consult him before deciding on your consumption limit.
However, following are some recommended intakes per day according to age groups:
- From infants who are just born to babies who are 3 yrs. old: 10 – 20 micrograms/ mcg
- For kids ranging between the years 4 to 6 yrs. old: 25 micrograms
- For children who are 7 to 10 yrs. Old: 30 micrograms
- For kids above 10 yrs. old to adults: 30 – 100 micrograms
- Woman who breastfeed or during their pregnancy may require higher dosage of biotin
The foods that are rich in biotin and which you must include in your diet are:
- Almonds, walnuts, peanuts
- Sweet potato
- Whole grains
- Organ meats such as kidney and liver
- Soybeans and other legumes
You can opt for biotin supplements as well:
If you think you aren’t getting enough biotin from the food that you eat, you can choose to consume biotin tablets or capsules that are available over the counter. Remember to buy it from someone trusted and read the labelling of the content thoroughly before you purchase them. Take your doctor’s advice before you buy the supplements!