Pregnancy is a beautiful phase in women’s life, in which women get a great feeling of motherhood without even seeing the baby. However, the exceptional experience of pregnancy also includes certain changes such as hair growth, hair fall, skin glow, mood swings, etc. These changes are happening due to the exponential surges of oestrogen hormone. In some women, oestrogen surge makes hair thick and, in some cases, it may also induce hair loss. The causes, hair loss treatments, and hair care during pregnancy discuss here for your help. This article will give you the answer to pregnancy, hair growth, and postpartum hair loss questions.
Hair growth during Pregnancy:
As women Pregnancy test positive they start experiencing their hair becoming luscious and thick during pregnancy. it usually happens around the 15th week of pregnancy. The healthy skin and healthy hair add the unique glow in that mom-to-be. The reason is the high surge of oestrogen in the body.
What causes hair growth during pregnancy?
The pregnancy hormones start producing exponentially in the woman’s body to support pregnancy. They are also affecting hair and skin health. Oestrogen is the prime pregnancy hormone that helps in sustaining the pregnancy. Oestrogen also helps in prolonging the hair growth phase. therefore, most women feel their hair becoming thicker and healthier. This hormone is also playing its part in stimulating healthy hair growth, so pregnant women should expect beautiful, healthy, and luscious hair during pregnancy. The healthy hair care routine during pregnancy can also help in preventing postpartum hair loss.
BIGGREEN Pregnancy Shampoo – Big Green Natural Ingredients-Sulfate and Chemical Free-Gentle Deep Cleansing for Pregnancy 17 fl oz.
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion For Stretch Marks, Pregnancy Skin Care | 8.5 Ounces
PURA D’OR Original Gold Label Anti-Thinning Shampoo Clinically Tested, Infused w/ BIOTIN, Argan Oil & Natural DHT Ingredients, Sulfate Free, All Hair Types, Men & Women, 16 Fl Oz (Packaging Varies)
Puracy Organic Haircare and Skin Care Set, Natural Shower Gel, Shampoo, Conditioner, Moisturizer, 60 Ounce (4-Pack)
Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner SLS Sulfate Free Organic Gift Set – Best for Damaged, Dry, Curly or Frizzy Hair – Thickening for Fine/Thin Hair, Safe for Color and Keratin Treated Hair
Biotin Shampoo for Hair Growth B-Complex Formula for Hair Loss Removes DHT for Thicker Fuller Hair Anti Dandruff Formula with Zinc Tea Tree Oil Extract Jojoba Oil Argan Oil For Women and Men 8 oz
Organic Blend of Olive, Lavender, Almond and Grapeseed oils with Vitamin E. Day and night Moisturizer for Skin, Dry Hair, Face, Scalp, Foot, Cuticle and Nail Care. Natural Body oil for Men and Women
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Moisturizing Skin Therapy Oil for Face with Vitamin E, Rosehip Fragrance ,1 Fl Oz (Pack of 1)
Biotin Hair Growth Serum Advanced Topical Formula To Help Grow Healthy, Strong Hair Suitable for Men and Women of All Hair Types Hair Loss Support By Pureauty Naturals
How fast does hair grow when pregnant?
On average, the healthy hair grows at the rate of ½ to 1 inch in a month. However, the poor diet, heat styling, poor hair care routine, and other factors slow down hair growth. Nevertheless, the oestrogen hormone helps in reviving the hair follicle during pregnancy. Within 2 to 3 months of the second trimester, pregnant women can see the visible hair growth up to 1 to 2 inches. The growing phase of hair prolongs for a longer time, so women get thick and healthy hair during that time.
Why is my hair not growing during pregnancy?
Sometimes, women may also experience hair fall, hair thinning, and hair loss. This happens due to a reduction of oestrogen in the body. It occurs due to various reasons, such as
- Discontinuing the birth control pills or contraceptive pills
- Imbalance hormones
- Miscarriage or abortion
However, normal pregnancy always promotes healthy hair growth. The hair fall and hair loss comes to normal when oestrogen level comes to its normal range. Postpartum hair fall is normal because the growth phase has to enter the resting phase, which starts hair fall. Postpartum hair loss last for a few months to a year. You can add the best hair growth products to reduce hair loss and to promote hair growth. Here, we will also suggest the best hair care tips for postpartum hair loss control.
Postpartum hair loss:
Most women question why does hair fall occur after pregnancy? It becomes the common phase because almost 50% of women go through postpartum hair loss. During pregnancy, oestrogen surges prolong the hair growth phase that ends after pregnancy. When hair enters the resting phase, it starts falling out. Usually, it lasts for 3 to 4 months after delivery. Women get anxious to see the vigorous hair fall and hair thinning. The stress and anxiety would make hair fall worst. Therefore, women need to have the patience for hair fall treatment. The hair experts always suggest women taking care of hair during and after pregnancy. The healthy diet and the best hair growth products can rescue the hair during the resting phase. The best hair care regimen during pregnancy can help hair follicles to rejuvenate themselves.
How to take care of hair during and after pregnancy?
Numerous hair care products help in hair rejuvenation and hair growth during and after pregnancy. They are available in the local market and from online shopping in USA. Women just need to pick safe and hypoallergenic hair products for a healthy pregnancy. Apart from hair products, you should also follow some tips to prevent excessive hair loss after pregnancy. All the essential tops of hair care during and after pregnancy are mentioned below.
- A healthy diet is important to keep the hair healthy and strong. When your body is going through vigorous changes, your body needs an extra dose of nutrients. The prenatal supplements will provide it through its healthy formula. Always ask your doctor to prescribe the best prenatal vitamin supplements for supporting healthy pregnancy, healthy body, and healthy hair.
- For preventing hair breakage, do not comb your wet hair. Wet hair is prone to break so they can easily break during comb. You can use the broad toothed comb for preventing hair breakage.
- Do not tie the hair tightly. Avoid tight hairstyles, such as pigtails, cornrows, hair weaves, braids, and tight hair rollers.
- Use the best hair growth products that contain biotin and silica. They help in promoting healthy hair growth.
- Stop using heat styling tools, such as blow dryer, curler, straightener, etc. Heat styling damages the hair and weakens hair from hair follicles. It may worsen hair fall after pregnancy.
- Do hair oiling two or three times in a week for nourishing hair follicles. It will strengthen the hair follicle and prevent excessive hair loss after pregnancy.
- Do not get chemical-based hair treatments such as perming, hair highlights, keratin treatment, etc.
- Postpartum depression and stress can worsen hair loss. A woman should keep her mind stress free. Meditation, breathing exercises and yoga are the best ways to de-stress the body naturally.
- If hair loss persists for a longer time, then you should consult your doctor. It may be the sign of postpartum thyroiditis.
Make your motherhood healthy and beautiful by taking the nutrients rich diet and following a healthy lifestyle. The facility of online shopping in USA helps you in getting the best hair growth products, prenatal supplements, maternity products, and other supportive products.